And the Winner Is...

 




Hey Ya'll! Welcome back to Abbi's Cozy Corner. After almost a whole week of waiting, we finally know who the 46th president of the United States is: Joe Biden!

This whole entire past week, I was a ball of anxiety, waiting and waiting to see who would be the winner. And then when it came down to Nevada, Georgia, and Pennsylvania, I remember just sitting there checking the google updates every hour to see if any of them finished counting. I remember thinking that I was going to have a nervous breakdown because it would not just finish. 

Then as I was doing driving school on Saturday November 7th, I got the notifications and text messages saying Biden is projected to be the 46th presidential elect. It was like exhaling a deep breath of relief. Looking at my social media, I saw people celebrating not just in Boston, but around the whole entire world, including playing the song F Donald Trump by YG and Nipsey Hussle in front of the white house. I have only been in America for 18 years, but I have never seen people celebrate the fact that a president is leaving the office.  

Congrats Joe! I'm happy that in the end people chose morality over economics.

Comments

Popular Posts