The First VP Debate

Hello! Salut! What's Up! Welcome back to Abbi's Cozy Corner. Today, I'll be discussing the first Vice Presidential debate (I know I'm 1 week late).

Going into the first VP debate, I did not know what to expect. All expectations that I had had been thrown out the window after the first presidential debate. So, I was not surprised by little shenanigans that took place. Per usual though, neither candidate really answered the questions that were posed. Instead a fly stole the show. 

The internet itself is a useful tool. Rather than focusing on the debate, people focused on the fly. Within minutes of the fly being on Pence's head, it had already had a twitter account and had followers. As one of my classmates had said in class "The internet is too quick". 

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that this what this year's election debates have become. A series of memes and jokes to laugh about on the internet. It makes me wonder about how funny or ridiculous things that happened during debates and elections were shared 100 years ago. 


Comments

Popular Posts